WACKER® SILICATE TES 28
WACKER® SILICATE TES 28 is monomeric ethyl silicate, also known as tetraethoxysilane or tetraethyl orthosilicate. It is a colorless low-viscous liquid with an SiO2-content of app. 28 wt.%.
WACKER® SILICATE TES 28 offers:
- storage-stable, low viscous liquid
- reactive and volatile silane (boiling point app. 168°C)
- tetrafunctional monomer
- liquid source of silica / silicone dioxide, either by hydrolysis or thermal deposition
WACKER® SILICATE TES 28 is being used for the precipitation of silica (polymeric SiO2 structures) by complete hydrolysis or thermal decomposition. Ethanol is generated as by-product.
The polymeric SiO2 structures firmly bind inorganic fillers and pigments and adhere well to different inorganic substrates like glass, ceramics or metall. Chemical and mechanical properties of the substrates can be improved by the thin SiO2 film, which is also highly heat-resistant.
- binder for refractory fillers (production of ceramic shells and cores)
- precision casting
- silica coating on pigments, fibers and other surfaces
- source of finely divided silica
- crosslinking agent, e. g. for silicone elastomers
- water scavenger in sealants
- sol-gel processes
- 25 kg steel can
- 190 kg steel drum
- 850 kg IBC
WACKER® SILICATE TES 28 must be stored in the tightly closed original container under exclusion of moisture.
The "Best use before end" date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.