Marine & Protective Coatings
WACKER offers a broad range of organic and inorganic binders and additives to enhance the durability and performance of marine and protective coatings.
SILRES® organofunctional polysiloxanes serve as high-performance binders or curing agents in coating systems for single and top coats.
- Increased resistance to UV radiation, highly corrosive agents and chemicals
- Increased durability
- Easy-to-clean surfaces
SILRES® intermediates can be used in the formulation of organopolysiloxane topcoats.
WACKER ethyl silicate binders bring excellent corrosion protection to zinc-dust coatings.
- Improved corrosion protection
- Good weldability
- Rapid curing at low temperatures
- Overpaintability with all conventional paint systems
Elastomeric RTV-type silicones can be used as binders in marine foul-release coatings. WACKER also offers suitable siloxane polymers and crosslinkers for the formulation of these coatings.
VINNOL® surface-coating resins containing carboxyl groups are ideal for formulating primers, corrosion-protection paints and highly filled marine paints.
- Excellent metal adhesion
- High resistance to acids, alkalis and salt solutions
- Good pigment wetting
- Low water absorption