ELASTOSIL® RT 623 A/B
Pourable, addition-curing, two-component silicone rubber for pad printing that vulcanizes at room temperature.
Main application: Making printing pads.
- very good flow
- high reactivity for fast demolding even if large amounts of silicone fluid are added
- fast and non-shrink cure at room temperature which can be accelerated considerably by the application of heat
- medium Shore A hardness (approx. 31)
- high tear strength
- long-term stability of the vulcanizate’s mechanical properties, particularly its hardness
Specific features of ELASTOSIL® RT 623 A/B
- Addition Curing
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Fast curing at room temperature
Base rubber for making printing pads.
ELASTOSIL® RT 623 A/B has been specially designed as a base material for making printing pads.
The vulcanizate’s high mechanical strength and long term stability of hardness make ELASTOSIL® RT 623 A/B an ideal base material for producing printing pads with excellent mechanical properties and long service life.
The platinum catalyst is in component B.
A and B components may only be used together if they have the same batch number.
To ensure both optimum flow and homogeneity of the material, the components must be stirred thoroughly before they are removed or processed in their containers, in order to uniformly disperse any fillers that might have settled during storage.
The following table shows the hardness of ELASTOSIL® RT 623 A/B as a function of the added amount of Wacker Silicone Fluid AK 35 for Durometer Types Shore A and Shore 00.
Please check also our brochures and info sheets.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.