SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A
SEMICOSIL® 827 UV is specially designed for an assembly glue or side-sealing which requires high adhesion.
This is a 2-component elastomer as SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A and ELASTOSIL® CAT UV with 10:1 mixing ratio and a non-slump silicone adhesive that is cured by UV conditions with unique cure behavior for automotives.
This is designed for oven-free processing or wet bonding during processing with fast adhesion built-up at oven processing.
- Extremely high adhesion to various substrates such as metals, glass
- Primerless adhesion to many substrates
- Fast curing and adhesion built-up at the minimum energy input
- Thixotropic for non-slump with nozzle dispensability
- Waterproof property with low surface energy and hydrophobic structure
Spezifische Merkmale von SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A
- Assembly glue for displays
- Side-sealing agent for smart-window applications
- Bonding material or sealing agent in electronics, automotive, and other industrial applications
All surfaces must be clean and free of contaminants that will inhibit the cure of SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A and ELASTOSIL® Cat UV.
Examples of inhibiting contaminants are sulfur-containing materials, plasticizers, urethanes, amine-containing materials, and organometallic compounds – especially organotin compounds. If a substrate’s ability to inhibit cure is unknown, a small-scale test should be run to determine compatibility.
Part A (SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A) : Part B (Elastosil® Cat UV) = 10 : 1
Curing speed can be adjusted by UV power and time. Also, heat can accelerate the curing process.
We recommend running preliminary tests to optimize conditions for the particular application. Comprehensive processing instructions are given in below;
- Recommended Lamp Type: UV-A, Mercury, 365 nm LED
- For the Normal process, Metal Halid is recommended
- For the Hybrid process (UV first, then laminate); UV energy should be controlled depending on the open time from UV activation to Lamination
If the applied lamp is a 365nm LED lamp, the higher UV irradiance would be better (ex. 2,000 mW/cm2).
Tack-free time can be increased or decreased depending on the applied irradiance of the energy source.
Verpackung / Gebinde
1KG BOTTLE PE
18KG HOBBOCK PE
SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A and ELASTOSIL® CAT UV as part B should be stored under 25°C/50%RH in the tightly closed original container.
* Shelf life
The 'Best use before end' date (Shelf life) of each batch appears on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case, however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
SEMICOSIL® 827 UV A: 12 month
ELASTOSIL® CAT UV: 6 month