ELASTOSIL® R 401/70 OH US
is a colorless, translucent silicone rubber base noted for its flexibility, high transparency and good mechanical properties. Its vulcanizing characteristics make it possible to achieve rubber moldings by compression, transfer and injection molding. Post-cured vulcanizates can be used for applications in the health care and food handling industries.
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Excellent clarity
- Excellent molding qualities
ELASTOSIL® R 401/70 OH US is part of a product family that complies with:
- 21 “Food and Drugs,” Part 177.2600, “Rubber articles intended for repeated use.”
- Recommendation XV. Silicones, BfR
- USP 23 Class VI and ISO 10993 for short- term implantation (<30 days).
Recommended Curing Agent Levels:
- 1.5 parts: 2,4-dichlorobenzoyl peroxide (50% active in silicone paste).
- 0.7 parts: dicumyl peroxide (98% active).
- 1.2 parts: 2,5-di(t-butylperoxy)-2,5-dimethylhexane (45% active).
- 1.0 parts: dibenzoyl peroxide (50% active).
Verpackung / Gebinde
ELASTOSIL® R 401/70 OH US Silicone Rubber Base is available in 1,000 lb. boxes.
ELASTOSIL® R 401/70 OH US has a shelf life of at least 12 months when stored below 32°C in the tightly closed original container. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. However, the properties relevant for the intended use must be verified for quality assurance reasons.