WACKER® T2200 is a high-strength, silicone-free all-purpose adhesive suitable for bonding or repairing many different substrates.
WACKER® T2200 cures at room temperature in the presence of atmospheric moisture to give a permanent hard rubber.
- almost odorless
- solvent-, Isocyanate-, Plasticier-, and Tin-free
- easy to process from +5 °C to +50 °C
- stable at temperatures from -40 °C to +80 °C
- fast build-up of strength, very strong and tack-free after curing even under water
- excellent adhesion to many surfaces without primer and on wet surfaces
- non-corrosive and non-staining
- weatherable and highly resistant to media such as mineral oils, solvents, acids and alkalis
- For bonding a wide variety of materials, such as wood, glass, metals, plastics or mineral-based substrates
- Equaliy for decorative frames, skirting boards, cable ducts, curtain wall and insulation panels in the construction industry
- For repair bonding in DIY and trade sectors
- For bonds that require painted and must be sanded
- Preparation - The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean. For application
- Masking - To avoid contamination and damage attach a masking tape on the side of work area.
- Primer - Non-pored substance needs primer treatment at first.
- Sealing & Tooling - Fully fill in cross point or side edge point of the joint without empty space without bubbles.
- Curing - Protect from dust and pollutant to have qualified surface and avoid being damaged on the surface of sealant while curing
- Recomend mechnical fix during curing for sealant.
- WACKER® T2200 exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to a wide variety of materials such as wood, glass, metals, plastics or mineral-based substrates.
- Users must carry out own tests due to the great variety of substrates.
Restrictions on use
- The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material such as dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporates with a fresh clean, dry cloth. For application from cartridges cut thread open, fix nozzle on top and cut to required bead size. The sealant can be applied in beads or layers. It requires moisture in order to cure.
- The curing time can take longer at lower temperatures, lower humidity or by low volume of air exchange.
- It is the responsibility of the user to test the compatibility of the sealant with the adjoining materials. Incompatible substances like coatings or organic plasticizers can lead to discoloration of the sealant. Cleaning agents and gaseous emissions can damage the sealant in its function or change its appearance. WACKER cannot make a general statement to the compatibility of all these varying materials with the sealant. In case of doubt the user shall conduct appropriate preliminary tests.
Verpackung / Gebinde
- WACKER® T2200 is usually supplied in standard size cartridges that fit all standard caulking guns.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the abel does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
- Should use before the expire day.
- Avoid sun light, dry and cool at 5~30°C is recommended.