WACKER's in-depth expertise in hydropower dates back to 1914. Now, we are also focusing on innovative concepts for harnessing tidal and wave power. Our high-tech products provide pioneering solutions for industrial designers of wave-power and hydropower generators.
In wave-power generators, NEXIPAL® can be used as an electroactive polymer to harvest energy from the sea. In this application, NEXIPAL® ensures continuous operation over millions of cycles. As a constituent of NEXIPAL ®, ELASTOSIL® can also serve on its own as a dielectric medium, return spring and carrier for electrodes. In this case, the electrodes are mounted by customers themselves. ELASTOSIL® Film is produced from addition-curing silicone rubber grades and is available in thicknesses as low as 10 micrometers.
Production takes place under clean room conditions and yields flawless, homogeneous films of extremely consistent thickness, and all contributing the positive properties of silicones.
Advantages of NEXIPAL® and ELASTOSIL ® Film
- Continuous operation over millions of cycles
- Constant permittivity
- Good dielectric properties
- High stretch recovery
- Permanent elasticity
- Thicknesses of individual permittivity layers between 10 and 400 micrometers
- Outstanding precision of +/-5%
- Flexibility at low temperatures
- High heat resistance
ELASTOSIL® RTV are ready-to-use room-temperature curing silicone rubber grades, optimized for the production of hydropower generators.
- Potting of stator slot exits
- Elastic bonding of the coil windings
- Bonding of insulation caps
- Thermally conductive potting of stator coils
- Improved thermal management
- Fire safety
- Protection against moisture and environmental impact
- Electrical insulation
- Corona shielding and protection