WACKER® L 066
WACKER® L 066 is a 100% polysiloxane polyethylene glycol copolymer.
Because of its special structure WACKER® L 066 exhibits unique high surface activity, which allows it to wet and spread effectively on nearly any surface.
WACKER® L 066 is therefore primarily used for lowering the surface tension of aqueous and non-aqueous solutions, as a highly effective wetting agent and for hydrophilic treatment of numerous materials and surfaces.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
- WACKER® L 066 enables efficient wetting and improves the effectiveness of water- based herbicides, insecticides and fungicides (used in concentrations between 0.05-0.25%).
- WACKER® L 066 significantly improves the penetration of ironsulfate to prevent/cure iron chlorosis and ofmagnesium chlorate in cotton defoliation (used in concentrations between 0.05-0.25%).
- WACKER® L 066 improves wetting of hydrophobic surfaces, e.g. in the textile industry.
- Hydrophilic treatment of hydrophobic surfaces like plastics (enhanced wetting and antistatic effect).
Ross-Miles foam test:
0.1% solution in water 8 German hardness Height of foam at 25°C mm 37
Water cloudy solution
Aromatic solvents good
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
WACKER has a global network of specialist distributors at its disposal. Please select an application so that we can suggest suitable contacts.
|Amine number||Appearance||Refractive index||Viscosity, kinematic|
|WACKER® L 053||- -||clear to slightly turbid, colorless to yellowish clear to slightly turbid, colorless to yellowish||1.4500 - 1.4550 1.4500 - 1.4550||600 - 1400 mm²/s 600 - 1400 mm²/s|
|WACKER® L 066||- -||clear fluid clear fluid||- -||10 - 25 mm²/s 10 - 25 mm²/s|
|WACKER® L 653||0.10 - 0.15 meq/g 0.10 - 0.15 meq/g||clear, colorless to yellowish clear, colorless to yellowish||1.4020 - 1.4050 1.4020 - 1.4050||50 - 100 mm²/s 50 - 100 mm²/s|
|WACKER® L 656||1.20 - 1.40 meq/g 1.20 - 1.40 meq/g||clear clear||1.4090 - 1.4120 1.4090 - 1.4120||15 - 35 mm²/s 15 - 35 mm²/s|
 Viscosity, kinematic | 25 °C | DIN 51562-1 ,  Refractive index | 25 °C | DIN 51423