VINNAPAS® 5537 T
VINNAPAS® 5537 T is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for thixotropic tile adhesives and ETICS. it is based on a flexible copolymer of vinyl acetate and ethylene.
VINNAPAS® 5537 T belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® T which means that it provides thixotropic characteristics. Besides good non-slump properties and workability it offers good tensile adhesion strength after water immersion.
The product is currently in the process of introduction into industrial use (scale-up product). The quoted product data are therefore subject to change. Before industrial use, the availability should be clarified with WACKER POLYMERS.
- VINNAPAS® 5537 T is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Mortars modified with VINNAPAS® 5537 T exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability and abrasion resistance and are easier to process.
- VINNAPAS® 5537 T contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- The product is produced without the use of plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 5537 T is a non-slump polymer powder in the medium Tg range.
- Cementitious and gypsum-bound formulations that have been modified with VINNAPAS® 5537 T display improved non-slump characteristics and thus better processing characteristics.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 5537 T, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 5537 T with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
25 kg paper bags
Big Bags or bulk on request.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
WACKER has a global network of specialist distributors at its disposal. Please select an application so that we can suggest suitable contacts.
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.