VINNAPAS® 5025 L
VINNAPAS® 5025 L is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for self-leveling flooring compounds and screeds. It is based on a hard copolymer of vinylacetate and ethylene and belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® L which means that it improves the leveling and surface properties as well the stabilization of the fresh mortar. Cured mortars with VINNAPAS® 5025 L have improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability and abrasion resistance.
- VINNAPAS® 5025 L is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Cured mortars modified with VINNAPAS® 5025 L exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability and abrasion resistance and are easier to process.
- VINNAPAS® 5025 L can be combined with casein or synthetic plasticizing admixtures to produce self-leveling flooring compounds and screeds.
- VINNAPAS® 5025 L produces very smooth surfaces that are free of surface voids.
- VINNAPAS® 5025 L contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- Special features of VINNAPAS® 5025 L are its very good tolerance against overdosage of water and its good defoaming properties in the dry-mix mortar formulation.
- Furthermore it allows self-leveling flooring compounds to be formulated with a low content of volatile organic compounds (VOC). The product thus can be used to produce self-leveling flooring compounds conforming to strict eco-labeling requirements.
Specific features of VINNAPAS® 5025 L
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 5025 L, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 5025 L with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Big Bags or bulk on request.