VINNAPAS® 4042 H
VINNAPAS® 4042 H is a medium hydrophobic dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for ETICS and water proofing membranes. It is based on a very flexible copolymer of vinyl acetate and ethylene and belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® H which means that it provides a hydrophobic effect in addition to the basic properties adhesion and flexibility.
- VINNAPAS® 4042 H is a copolymer powder based on vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- VINNAPAS® 4042 H is a polymeric binder and also provides a slight hydrophobic effect. Blended with inorganic binders the powder will provide very good workability; cured mortars with VINNAPAS® 4042 H have improved adhesion, flexibility, deformability and abrasion resistance.
- Due to the high ethylene content and therefore low glass transition temperature (Tg), this copolymer is highly flexible.
- Mortars modified with VINNAPAS® 4042 H will have a lasting effect on water absorption and water repellency. VINNAPAS® 4042 H will not have any effect on water-vapor transmission at common dosages.
- VINNAPAS® 4042 H contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- VINNAPAS® 4042 H is a dispersible polymer powder in the lower Tg range with a medium hydrophobic effect. It has no effect on rheology.
- Mortars modified with VINNAPAS® 4042 H exhibit very good workability and attain high strength when cured.
- Additionally VINNAPAS® 4042 H provides hydrophobicity within the hardened mortar.
- It is especially suitable for adhesive mortars and embedding mortars in ETICS.
Specific features of VINNAPAS® 4042 H
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 4042 H, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 4042 H with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
25 kg paper bags
Big Bags or bulk on request.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.