VINNACEL® 510 is a multi-purpose dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for skim coat / wall putty.
It is based on a hard copolymer of vinylacetate and ethylene that it has a neutral effect on rheology and provides the basic properties adhesion and workability, giving a high degree of formulation freedom. VINNACEL® 510 is part of our customized range, offering you the best-in-class solution for a wide variety of applications.
- VINNACEL® 510 is adispersible polymer powder based on vinylacetate and ethylene.
- VINNACEL® 510 is a polymeric binder and is ideal for modifying cementitious drymix mortars, especially skim coat / wall putty.
- It provides good workability, tensile adhesion strength, flexibility and abrasion resistance.
- VINNACEL® 510 contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNACEL® 510has no effect on rheological properties and is a polymer powder in the medium Tg range.
- It is suitable for formulating skim coat / wall putty that feature good tensile adhesion strength.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNACEL® 510with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
For typical application fields of VINNACEL® 510 refer to the following application table. Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative. If VINNACEL® 510 is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of VINNACEL® 510 is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with. Slight color variations of the dispersible polymer powder may occur without impairing the product's functionality.
25 kg paper bags
Sales and support
WACKER has a global network of specialist distributors at its disposal. Please select an application so that we can suggest suitable contacts.