WACKER® EAF 300
WACKER® EAF 300 is a general purpose, low cost low molecular weight reactive aminoethylaminopropyl fluid. Imparts a very soft hand with normal yellowing characteristics associated with amino silicones.
WACKER® EAF 300 can be applied neat, from solution, or emulsion. Suitable solvents are aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, esters, higher alcohols, and ketones.
Most textile processes are water based. Hence WACKER® EAF 300 is mainly applied from emulsion. WACKER® EAF 300 is suitable for the formulation of micro emulsions and macro emulsions.
Emulsions made with WACKER® EAF 300 are diluted to the optimum concentration for the specific fabric. Application can be done by padding orexhaustion. WACKER® EAF 300 can be utilized as the active substance in softener emulsions or in combination with other components, e.g. paraffin waxes, organic softeners, etc. Compatibility of the components has to be checked in each individual case.
1. WACKER® EAF 300 23.00%
2. Tridecyl alcohol 6 EO 04.60%
3. Tridecyl alcohol 9 EO 02.40%
4. Acetic acid 00.25%
5. Water 1 10.00%
6. Water 2 20.00%
7. Water 3 44.65%
8. Biocide 00.10%
9. Water 4 05.00%]
It is recommended to use a tank with a sweep agitator and a high shear mixer. Temperature should be kept at 15-30 oC.
1. Charge 1 and start sweep.
2. Charge 2, 3, and 4. Mix well for 10 minutes.
3. Start high shear mixer and slowly charge 5. Emulsion should
go to a gel phase at this point. Mix 10 minutes.
4. Charge 6 slowly. Emulsion should come out of the gel phase.
Mix 10 minutes.
5. Charge 7 and stop high shear mixer.
6. Charge 8 and 9. Mix until well blended.