ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F
Solvent free, free flowing, addition curing silicone rubber for soft and elastic textile coatings
- Low viscosity material for textile coating applications
- High additive tolerance for complicated adhesion problems
- Very soft and elastic film in combination with CROSSLINKER SX (hardness Shore A about 20)
- Soft film in combination with CROSSLINKER W or CROSSLINKER 525 (hardness Shore A about 35)
- Variable hardness in combination with ELASTOSIL® LR 6360 F.
ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F is a multi-purpose liquid silicone rubber with low viscosity to produce soft and flexible textile coatings. Due to the high additive tolerance the viscosity of mixtures with adhesion promotors will increase only moderately. Therefore ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F is especially suited for textile coatings with demanding adhesion requirements.
The hardness and elasticity of the coating can be varied by combination with ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F. For details please contact your technical manager at WACKER.
The components of ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F are in compliance with the positive lists of the Recommendation XV. Silicones of the BfR and FDA 21 CFR §175.300 and 177.2600. However, for compliance of the finished article with the before mentioned regulations the product has to be appropriately cured and given limitations on extractable and volatile substances have to be met.
ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F is processed by thorough incorporation of a crosslinker.
Recommended ratio is 100 parts of ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F plus
- 10 parts of CROSSLINKER SX (giving a shore hardness of about 20 ShA) or
- 3 parts of CROSSLINKER 525 or 1 part of CROSSLINKER W (giving a shore hardness of about 35 ShA)
Pot life at 23°C: 3 days
Recommended curing conditions: 3 min at 150°C or 1 min at 180°C
Adhesion of ELASTOSIL® LR 6320 F depends on substrate and can be varied by crosslinker type/amount and additives (e.g. CATALYST C05 or adhesion promoters). Preliminary testing should be carried out to determine optimum formulation and cure conditions.
Verpackung / Gebinde
This product is available in 25 kg pails and 200 kg drum kits.
Once opened, containers should always be resealed after use to prevent the platinum catalyst from being poisoned by amines, sulphur or phosphorus compounds.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.