GENIOPLAST® from WACKER are silicone-based additives and production aids for both standard thermoplastics and engineering plastics. GENIOPLAST® pellets and GENIOPLAST® additives for wood plastic composites (WPCs) enhance processes and products in the melt-processing industry.
GENIOPLAST® Pellets consist of a combination of high-viscosity silicone gum and a specially tailored silica. Their specific chemical structure renders them compatible with all thermoplastics and one single silicone additive can enhance a huge variety of compounds. Thus, key mechanical properties such as elongation at break and impact strength (especially in mineral-filled compounds) are greatly enhanced, while other important mechanical properties such as hardness, heat resistance and tensile strength are unaffected.
- Prevention of die drool
- Reduced nozzle pressure and torque
- Improved melt flow and optimized costs due to enhanced the process.
- Increased scratch and abrasion resistance
- Reduction in coefficient of friction
- Improved tactile properties
- Suitable for food contact (GENIOPLAST® Pellet P Plus)
- Modification of plastics
- Applications involving food contact
- Plastics industry
- Compounders, masterbatch producers
GENIOPLAST® Additives for Wood Plastic Composites (WPCs)
GENIOPLAST® Additives for wood plastic composites are silicone copolymers which are already combined with an organic polymer and ready to use on delivery. They are used as production aids in the production of wood-fiber composites, where they enhance the production process and the quality of the end products.
- Faster, more economical production: The silicone content boosts throughput, speeds up production and lowers the energy requirement by reducing internal and external friction. Formulation costs sink too: these effects require just 1 - 2 % GENIOPLAST® Additive instead of the usual 2 – 6 % wax or stearate.
- Higher-quality end product: Improved modulus of elasticity and flexural strength combined with reduced water absorption.
- Masterbatch for polypropylene (PP) - GENIOPLAST® PP 20A08
- Plastics industry