With its GENIOPERL® brand, WACKER offers nanoscale structures for modifying polymers and coatings. The products are very efficient to process and, thanks to their high compatibility in selected matrix systems, form nanometer to micrometer-sized structures when incorporated. They thus optimize the end properties of the matrix systems.
Especially in brittle matrix systems, GENIOPERL® nanoscale structures are used to increase toughness. Even when added in very small amounts, they impart silicone properties to selected target systems thus significantly improving the materials' performance.
GENIOPERL® products are available as dispersible powders or dispersible pastilles, which can easily be mixed into the target matrix.
- Modification of epoxy-resin-based adhesives and potting compounds in the electronics industry
- Improvement of the impact strength in composite systems and in polycarbonate blends
In coatings or films, GENIOPERL® microscale structures are mainly used for optimizing the surface properties or targeted modification of the optical properties. Even small amounts are sufficient to improve the antiblocking properties of the selected target systems, thereby significantly improving their shelf life.
GENIOPERL® products are available here as dispersible powders of defined size, which can easily be blended into the target matrix.
- Surface modification of plastic films such as BOPP films
- Additives in elastic coatings
- opacifiers in optical films