Material efficiency is a key factor in the profitable operation of wind power plants. WACKER products for bonding, anchorage, insulation, impregnation and protection offer the wind energy industry a forward-looking portfolio for onshore and offshore wind parks.
Design Principle of a Rotor Blade - The bladese of a wind turbine are made by bonding together half-shells composed of different materials.
HDK® pyrogenic silica is used in bonding the rotor blades and in securing the turbine to its foundations. Our integrated production system, with its statistical process control and highly efficient reactor dynamics, delivers a pyrogenic silica that is exceptionally pure.
- Better performance, stability and handling of the bonding pastes
- Remarkable long-term storage stability
- High viscosity, with the formation of non-sag adhesive beads directly upon application
- Excellent efficiency (less material necessary, lower tendency of the cured resin to embrittle)
- High specific surface area and specific, highly hydrophobic treatment
Re-usable silicone rubber vacuum bags increase the efficiency of making parts from fiber-reinforced plastic composites for wind and sea turbines. ELASTOSIL® C silicone rubber grades are room-temperature-curing, two-part (RTV-2) silicone rubber compounds known for their excellent fidelity of reproduction.
Bags made of ELASTOSIL® C 1200 guarantee more processing runs, less vapor and greater flexibility. Our vacuum bags streamline manufacture of fiber composites by the infusion process. Multi-use silicone vacuum bags reduce tooling time and waste.
- Yet self-leveling
- Longer pot life and curing time
- Suitable for large surfaces
- Suitable for vertical surfaces
ELASTOSIL® RT room-temperature-curing silicone rubber grades provide excellent protection of control units and sensors.
- Outstanding flowability
- Good self-deaeration
- High reactivity for rapid demolding
- Rapid demolding time
- Long-term consistency
- High tear resistance
WACKER SilGel® comprises addition-curing RTV-2 silicone elastomers that cure at room temperature and at higher temperatures. They are ideal for encapsulating extremely sensitive electronic devices and protecting them from external influences.
- Low viscosity
- Pronounced inherent tack
- Primer or adhesion promoter often superfluous
ELASTOSIL® RTV are ready-to-use room temperature curing silicones that are optimal for the production of windpower generators. Typical applications are:
- Potting of stator slot exits
- Elastic bonding of the coil windings
- Bonding of insulation caps
- Improved thermal management
- Fire safety
- Protection against moisture and environmental impacts
- Electrical insulation
- Corona shielding and protection