Highly transparent liquid silicone rubber, room-temperature-curing silicone elastomers and innovative silicone additives from WACKER support new designs and production methods in lighting technology, and primary and secondary optics. A global market leader in silicone products, WACKER offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services for applications in the fields of chip encapsulation, lens fabrication, and LED production.
SEMICOSIL® two-pack, room-temperature-curing silicone rubber compounds serve as gap fillers in LED encapsulation.
Advantages of LUMISIL® in Primary Optics:
- Optimum processing efficiency in LED production
- Optimized viscosity and cure properties
- High stability to light
- Effective barrier to harmful environmental factors, e.g. damp and UV rays
- Heat resistant to 180 °C
Highly transparent LUMISIL® liquid silicone rubber is used in lighting technology to produce optical lenses, sensors and optical coupling elements. LUMISIL® products for secondary optics can be processed economically by injection molding and so support low-cost mass-production of complex optical components.
Highly transparent, room-temperature-curing ELASTOSIL® RTV silicone rubber compounds serve as optical encapsulants for, e.g., LED strips while special ELASTOSIL® grades are used for SOG (silicone on glass) applications.
Advantages of LUMISIL® in Secondary Optics:
- Highly heat resistant - up to 180 °C
- Great low-temperature flexibility - down to -50 °C
- Excellent weathering and UV resistance
- Very good chemical resistance
- Outstanding dielectric properties that remain largely constant over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
- Water-repellent surfaces and low moisture absorption
- Low modulus of elasticity
- High chemical purity
Advantages of Injection Molding
- Greater productivity - highly automated, no assembly required
- Efficient process - short cycle times, no secondary finishing of parts, highly reliable
- Maximum quality - less risk of damage during production
- Simplified logistics - one article drawing, one processor, one quality control, one article number
- Addition-Cure ELASTOSIL® and SEMICOSIL® RTV-2 silicone rubber
- Condensation-cure, heat-cure SILRES® methyl silicone resin and PM silicone resin as binder and additive
- Addition-cure ELASTOSIL® liquid silicone rubber for molded parts
- Condensation-cure ELASTOSIL® and addition-cure SEMICOSIL® RTV-1 and RTV-2 silicone rubber for bonding and sealing
- Addition-cure ELASTOSIL® RTV-2 silicone rubber and silicone foam for sealing