Renders & Plasters
Hydrophobicity is a key characteristic for increased weather resistance.
WACKER offers binders and additives for a variety of plasters, including cement-bound, silicone resinbound and ready-to-use dispersion-based plasters. WACKER products improve important characteristics of plasters and renders such as workability, adhesion, flexibility, mechanical resistance, hydrophobicity or weatherability.
In silicone resin plasters and organosilicate plasters, SILRES® BS silicone resin binders and water-repellent additives make valuable building blocks for protecting and preserving buildings. The functional silicone resin network renders the capillaries water-repellent: water forms beads and rolls off, but the pores remain open to diffusion.
- High water repellency
- Water-vapor permeability
- Good weather resistance
- Longlasting esthetic appeal
- Good energy efficiency
By improving the cohesion and flexibility of the hardened mortar, VINNAPAS® provides plasters with an improved impact and crack resistance.
VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powders improve the quality and increase the life expectancy of renders and plasters. They enhance adhesion on a variety of different substrates and reduce the cracking tendency. They improve the workability of the fresh plaster and allow a good water-vapor permeability of the hardened plaster. Specific VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powder grades are available to increase hydrophobicity and prevent weathering damages.
- Improved adhesion to a variety of different substrates
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Enhanced hydrophobicity (using a VINNAPAS® H class polymer powder)
- Very good weatherability
- Improved impact resistance
- Low cracking tendency
- Indoor walls
VINNAPAS® polymer dispersions improve the characteristics of sythetic resin-bound, ready-to-use renders and plasters.
- Optimum workability
- Optimum application safety
- Hydrophobic properties
- Control of open time
- Reduced dirt-pick up
- Possibility for a wide color range
VINNAPAS® polymer binders improve the adhesion, flexibility and workability of skim coat. The results are increased adhesion of paints as well as weathering resistance and longevity of building facades.
- Enhanced flexibility
- Long lasting hydrophobicity
- Smooth surface for efficient paint coverage
- Durability of facades
- Excellent bonding on different substrates
- Very good bonding of the color
- Interior and exterior applications
- All types of substrates: concrete, lightweight concrete, block work, bricks, AAC blocks, rendered surfaces, cement fiber board, etc.
VINNAPAS® polymer powders help to improve the overall performance of diatom ooze. Specific grades allow the formulation of low-VOC, highly flexible, crack resistant products.
- Extremely low VOC content
- Especially fine particle size
- Improved crack resistance
- Improved wet scraping resistance
- Outstanding bonding strength
- Mineral and non-mineral substrates
VINNAPAS® polymer binders are used in thermal insulation renders to improve the adhesion as well es the overall performance.
Thermal insulation renders are applied 2 - 10 cm thick according to the required insulation performance. The thermal insulation render is topped with a 3 - 5 mm thick reinforcement layer and a 1.5 - 3 mm thick top coat.
- Improved adhesion between the mineral binder and the light-weight components (EPS)
- Increased adhesion to the substrate and the top render
- Better workability
- Higher flexibility
- Optimized tensile adhesive and flexural strength
- On-demand water repellency and thixotropy
For water-based plasters WACKER offers CAVAMAX® / CAVASOL® fragrance complexes, consisting of an essential oil encapsulated in a cyclodextrin. Under the action of moisture, the fragrance is released from its molecular inclusion complex and adds an additional feature to the plaster.