Boards & Panels
Building with gypsum and fiber cement boards is fast and flexible. To additionally ensure a high quality standard, VINNAPAS® polymer binders are used to enhance the characteristics of mortars, plasters and joint fillers in these applications. SILRES® BS silicone resins are ideal for hydrophobization.
Thanks to its favorable carbon footprint, gypsum contributes significantly to sustainable construction. However, gypsum is water-soluble. VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powders and SILRES® BS products help to compensate for this disadvantage.
Cement fiber boards, backer boards and fire-resistant boards are treated with SILRES® BS products to reduce the capillary water absorption by post- or bulk-impregnation.
- Increased freeze/thaw resistance
- Better dimensional stability in wet areas
- Prevention of premature drying of plasters, mortars and tile adhesives through optimal water retention
- Reduced water absorption of lightweight fillers
- Prevention of additional water ingress at cut edges by integral hydrophobization
- No paint peeling (siloxane used as primer)
To improve the poor moisture resistance of gypsum, SILRES® BS polymethylhydrosiloxane emulsions can be used for water-repellent treatment. Thanks to the chemical interaction between the gypsum crystals and the silicone, these materials provide far more efficient protection than organic water repellents.
Used as admixture with significant benefits over wax additives (for all wallboard plants)
Surface treatment with excellent hydrophobic properties
VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powders are used as binders in gypsum plasters and fillers to improve manual and machine processing, reduce the water uptake and increase the flexibility, making for smooth, crack-free surfaces. Grades without plasticizers support the formulation of low-emission end products.
- Outstanding tensile adhesive strength on gypsum plasterboard and jointing tapes
- Excellent workability
- Particularly smooth, level surface devoid of cracks or crevices
- Reduced water uptake
- Plasticizer-free products available
Reduction in the Water Absorption of a Gypsum Joint Filler
Between x and y weight percent SILRES® BS POWDER G is added to a commercially available gypsum joint filler (left-hand bar). The test specimens obtained were then immersed in water for two hours. The chart shows how much water by weight percent was absorbed by the test specimens.
SILRES® BS POWDER G is an additive for waterproofing gypsum-based dry-mix mortars. It is an active substance in solid form and low in volatile organic compounds. SILRES® BS POWDER G can reduce the water absorption of gypsum powder products by more than 90% applying a dosage rate of 0.5 weight percent.
- Good water-repellency
- Easy handling and storage