WACKER® 400 - WINDOW GLAZING PERIMETER
WACKER 400® is a one-part, neutral-curing, low-modulus silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion for perimeter sealing and glazing applications.
WACKER 400® cures at room temperature under the action of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
• Almost odorless
• Ready gunnability at low (+5°C) and high (+40°C) temperature
• Flexible at low (-40°C) and high temperatures (+150°C)
• Excellent weatherablity
• Rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free and crack resistanct
• Excellent tooling characteristics for professional use
• Non-corrosive to metals
• Suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous cement
• Good compatibility with water-based and sovent-based coating-no plasticizer transfer.
• Sealing of internal, external connection and expansion joints as well as fenestration applications
• Especially suitable for perimeter sealing
Restrictions on use
WACKER® 400 may be discolored in contact with some organic elastomers, e.g. EPDM, APTK and neoprene.
WACKER® 400 is not recommended for use on natural stone, such as marble, granite, quartzite, as it can cause staining.
WACKER® 400 must not be used for sealing of auqaria or for long-term use under water.
WACKER® 400 is not recommended for structural glazing bonding.
The curing time can be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity or by low volume of air exchange.
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material, dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Wipe dry immediately with another such cloth before the solvent evaporates from the surface.
WACKER® 400 exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to most non-porous siliceous material, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker; impregnated, varnished or painted wood; and some plastics.
Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances.
The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer.
If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
WACKER® 400 is usually supplied in standard size cartridges that fit all standard caulking guns.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.