ELASTOSIL® 4300 is a one-part, acid-curing, silicone sealant with excellent mechanical properties and high curing rate for construction of aquariums and industrial applications.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 cures at room temperature under the action of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- 100% silicone
- espacially adjusted for bonding of aquaria
- high mechanical strength
- very fast crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free
- ready gunnability at low (+ 5 °C) and high (+ 40 °C) temperatures
- low shrinkage on curing
- flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+150 °C)
- good processing properties
- extra high paste viscosity
Specific features of ELASTOSIL® 4300
- sealing of joints exposed to high mechanical loads
- sealing of joints which need to quickly build up mechanical strength
- suitable for the construction of aquariums which meet the requirements of DIN 32 622. The bond thickness must be at least 1 mm. During curing the temperature should be between +15 °C and +40 °C
- suitable for use in glazing and industrial applications
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material such as dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporates with a fresh clean, dry cloth.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 is certified and classified according to
- - DIN 32622
- - ISO 11600, Klasse G 20 LM
ELASTOSIL® 4300 exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to most non-porous siliceous material, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker. Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer. If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
Restrictions on use
ELASTOSIL® 4300 should not be used on substrates such as concrete, fibrous cement and mortar, as the product releases acetic acid during curing.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 should not be used in contact with metals such as lead, cooper, brass or zinc as corrosion will result.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 may be discolored in contact with some organic elastomers, e.g. EPDM, APTK and neoprene.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 is not recommended for use on natural stone, such as marble, granite, quartzite, as it can cause staining.
ELASTOSIL® 4300 is not recommended for structural glazing bonding.