ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B is a thixotropic, addition-curing, two-part silicone rubber, forming a mainly closed cell foam.
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B is perfectly suited for processing with automatic dispensing equipment. It is suitable for CIPG foam gaskets even in 3D geometries due to its outstanding rheology.
- good processability on automated dispensing equipment
- easy control of mixing quality due to different colors of the components
- no ozone damaging blowing agents
- no release of toxic or strong smelling substances during foaming or curing
- low heat of reaction (max. 40 °C)
- low toxicity of thermal decomposition products
- long-term flexible over a temperature range of -50 °C to +180 °C
- good chemical resistance
- fast foaming and cure
- medium foam density
Specific features of ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B
- Crosslinking Property: Two-component
- Product Rheology: Thixotropic
- Product Type: Two-component
- Resistance: Heat resistant
- Specific Features: Heat resistant
- Specific Features: Low compression set
- Specific Features: Non-sag
- Specific Features: Thixotropic
- Specific Features: Two-component
- Vulcanizate: Compressible
- Vulcanizate: Foam
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
- general purpose foam for gaskets (dispensed foam gaskets)
- especially suitable for 3-dimensional gasket bead
- general purpose high and low temperature resistant sealing material
- suitable for NVH insulation
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.