SILRES® WH is a water thinnable, solventless emulsion of a functional silicone resin.
Dilute solutions of SILRES® WH serve as high-quality water repellents for impregnating wood surfaces. Undiluted SILRES® WH may also serve as high-quality hydrophobizing additive for aqueous wood coatings/wood stains.
- water based
- development of longlasting beading effect on wood
- significant reduction of capillary water absorption of wood, particularly after weathering
- no protection against degradation of lignin by UV radiation and accompanying graying (UV transparent)
- increases the durability and longevity of wood stains/coatings for wood because of excellent hydrophobizing properties
- helps to minimize all harmful effects caused by water uptake
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For the use as hydrophobic impregnant for wood SILRES® WH has to be diluted with water. We recommend a solid content of 5-10% (dilute the product in the ratio 1:4 to 1:9), the exact figure depending on how absorbent the substrate is. The application on wood is done by brushing, spraying or flooding. SILRES® WH is used in undiluted form as hydrophobizing additive for aqueous wood stains/ wood coatings during or after their production. Wood stains/ wood coatings modified with SILRES® WH are characterized by excellent water repellency and outstanding water resistance, especially after weathering. The addition of 1 wt.% to 3 wt.% is recommended.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample