Our system has detected that you are from United States, which is why this country has been selected. Do you still wish to change your country?
SILRES® BS CREME C
SILRES® BS CREME C is an aqueous, solventless, creamy, silane-based water repellent. It is a highquality specialty product for hydrophobic impregnating of both normal and reinforced concrete.
SILRES® BS CREME C is characterised by:
- excellent penetration
- solventless, aqueous and environmentally
- low volatility
- high resistance to alkalis
- thixotropic and may so be applied without loss
- of material
Treated concrete will have the following permanent properties:
- greatly delays chloride and water absorption by concrete
- no loss in breathability
- improved durability against freeze-thaw de-icing salt stress
- enhanced durability
- provides good adhesion for paints
SILRES® BS CREME C is a unique impregnating agent because it is thixotropic. It has an outstanding ability to impregnate high-quality concrete and reinforced concrete. Unlike conventional liquid products, SILRES® BS CREME C can be applied in just one coat of the desired thickness (at the very most, two coats). The silane active ingredient penetrates the substrate within 30 minutes to several hours, the exact time depending on the porosity and thus quality of the concrete. On reaction with the substrate, it releases ethanol and is converted into a polymeric silicone resin. A creamy layer forms initially, but this then disappears completely. As the active ingredient is the same as in conventional liquid impregnating agents, impregnation with SILRES® BS CREME C does not clog the pores or capillaries, nor does it affect its ability to breathe.
SILRES® BS CREME C is designed to penetrate deeply into concrete so as to afford optimum protection against absorption of water and pollutants as well as freeze / thaw cycles. This effect should not be confused with the "beading" effect imparted by impregnating agents that is often referred to as water repellency. Beading is only a surface effect, and it plays a secondary role in protecting the substrate. Concrete treated with SILRES® BS CREME C has initially only a moderate beading effect, but this increases after the surface has been wetted.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
The work performed (preparing the concrete surface<(>,<)> setting up a reference surface, application and quality control) must follow the applicable regulations (in Germany these are the DAfStb repair work guidelines and the ZTV-ING).
- Concrete should not be impregnated until at least four weeks after it has been produced so that the setting of the cement is not affected.
- New surfaces that are still unsoiled must be cleansed of coarse particles and dust deposits by sweeping or, if necessary, using compressed air. Surfaces already weathered, and those heavily soiled by oil, rubber residue, etc., must first be cleaned using superheated steam or high-pressure water before commencing treatment. It is imperative that the water used be siphoned off immediately to prevent saturation of the concrete.
- Impregnation should always be performed on superficially dry concrete, i.e., when the surface of the concrete appears evenly dry, no more damp patches are visible and the moisture content equilibrium is established. To this end, moisture in the surface zone of the concrete is measured using a suitable technique (CM method or other methods allowed under ZTV-ING). The surface-zone moisture content of the concrete (from the surface to a depth of 20 mm) should not exceed 4 wt%.
- SILRES® BS CREME C is best applied to the concrete by the airless technique, undiluted and in the desired thickness. Brushes, lambskin rollers or spatulas may be used for smaller areas.
Up to 400g/m² may be applied in one operation to vertical surfaces and roofs, without loss off material. The exact amount depends on the absorbency of the substrate. At higher application rates, the impregnating agent might liquefy at the top of the concrete and it might start to run off. A second coat of SILRES® BS CREME C may be applied at any time, but is usually unnecessary.
- In the event of unexpected rain, cover surfaces already impregnated and halt all further impregnation.
SILRES® BS CREME C should not get into direct contact with bitumen. The resistance of insulant against SILRES® BS CREME C has to be determined dependend on temperature.
SILRES® BS CREME C is recommended particularly for impregnating and priming concrete and reinforced concrete used in building bridges, roads and buildings. In principle, SILRES® BS CREME C may be used on any alkaline substrate that has been treated previously with concentrated or undiluted impregnating agents, such as alkoxysilanes.
Sales and support
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.