VINNAPAS® 5005 N
VINNAPAS® 5005 N is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for cost-efficient cementitious tile adhesives, wall and joint fillers. It is based on a very hard VA/E copolymer and belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® N which means that it has a neutral effect on rheology. VINNAPAS® 5005 N provides good adhesion strength very efficiently in tile adhesive at low polymer dosages.
- VINNAPAS® 5005 N is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Mortars modified with VINNAPAS® 5005 N exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and are easier to process. Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected.
- The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- VINNAPAS® 5005 N is a hard standard dispersible polymer powder with essentially no effect on rheological properties.
- VINNAPAS® 5005 N contains a fine mineral filler as antiblocking agent. It is produced without addition of organic solvents, plasticizers or filmforming agents.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 5005 N, refer to the section "application". We recommend VINNAPAS® 5005 N in tile adhesives in a dosage of up to 2%. Please contact your WACKER customer representative to discuss possible formulations or additional applications.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 5005 N with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.