VINNAPAS® 4016 N
VINNAPAS® 4016 N is a hard dispersible polymer powder based on vinyl acetate and ethylene for very good tensile adhesion strength on inorganic surfaces combined with good workability. VINNAPAS® 4016 N was developed for those applications where lower water demand and increased smoothness under the trowel are important.
- VINNAPAS® 4016 N is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 4016 N exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and easier handling. Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected.
- The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- VINNAPAS® 4016 N contains a fine mineral filler as an anti-blocking agent.
- It is produced without the addition of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 4016 N is a hard general-purpose powder and has no effect on rheological properties. It is eminently suitable for formulating compounds of high ultimate strength.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 4016 N with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 4016 N, refer to the "Application" section. Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
Big Bags or bulk on request.