WACKER® KB - KITCHEN AND BATH
WACKER® KB is a one-part, neutral-curing, low-modulus silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion, long shelf life and excellent tooling characteristics for perimeter sealing, glazing and sanitary applications.
WACKER® KB cures at room temperature under the action of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
• Mold retardant
• Ready gunnability at low (+5°C) and high (+40°C) temperatures
• Flexible at low (-40°C) and high temperatures (+150°C)
• Excellent weatherablity
• Almost odorless
• Rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free
• Primerless adhesion to most materials
• Excellent tooling characteristics for professional use
• Non-corrosive to metals
• Suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous cement
• Compatible with water-based and solvent-based coatings: no plasticizer migration
• Long shelf life
• Sealing of connecting and expansion joints in the building industry
• Sealing of joints between in sanitary applications
• perimeter sealing
Restrictions on use
WACKER® KB may be discolored in contact with some organic elastomers, e.g. EPDM, APTK and neoprene.
WACKER® KB is not recommended for use on natural stone, such as marble, granite, quartzite, as it can cause staining
WACKER® KB must not be used for sealing of auqaria
WACKER® KB is not recommended for structural glazing bonding
The curing time can be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity or by low volume of air exchange.
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material, dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Wipe dry immediately with another such cloth before the solvent evaporates from the surface.
WACKER® KB exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to most non-porous siliceous material, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker; impregnated, varnished or painted wood; and some plastics.
Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances.
The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer.
If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
WACKER®KB is usually supplied in standard size cartridges that fit all standard caulking guns.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.