ELASTOSIL® K760 C
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is a one-component, neutral-curing, low modulus silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion, long shelf life, excellent tooling characteristics and very good fire retardant prperties for construction, glass and window building, as well as industrial applications.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C cures at room temperature in the presence of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- fire retardant
- excellent weatherability
- excellent tooling characteristics for professional use
- non-corrosive to metals
- suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous cement
- matt finish
- excellent adhesion on most substrates without primer
- solvent-free, thus featuring low volume shrinkage during vulcanization
- ready gunnability at low (+ 5 °C) and high (+ 40 °C) temperatures
- flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+150 °C)
- almost odorless
ELASTOSIL® K760 C的特殊性能
- sealing of connection and expansion joints in the building industry
- sealing of perimeter joints
- sealing of joints between glazing and supporting structures (frames, transoms, mullions)
- Industrial application as sealant in the automotive, aircraft and shipbuilding industries
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material, dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporates with a fresh clean, dry cloth.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is certified and classified according to
- ISO 11600 F/G, Class 25LM
- EN 15651-1, Class 25LM F-EXT-INT-CC
- EN 15651-2, Class 25LM G-CC
- ASTM C920, Class 50/50
- EN 13501-1, Class B-s2,d0
- EN 13501-2, Class E 240-H-X-F- W15-25
- EN 13501-2, Class EI 240-H-X-F- W15-25
- EN 13501-2, Class E 240-V-X-F- W5-25
- EN 13501-2, Class EI 240-V-X-F- W5-25
ELASTOSIL® K760 C exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many substrates, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker e.g. aluminium, steel, zinc or copper wood, and many plastics. Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer. If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
Restrictions on use
ELASTOSIL® K760 C must not be used for insulating glass applications
ELASTOSIL® K760 C must not be used for structural glazing bonding - it is the responsibility of the user to test the compatibility of the sealant with the adjoining materials. Incompatible substances like coating materials (paints, varnishes and glazes) or organic plasticizer containing rubbers (EPDM, butyl and neoprene) can lead to discoloration or other impairments like loss of adhesion of the sealant. Materials in direct contact with the applied sealant like cleaning agents and materials in indirect contact like gaseous emissions can damage the sealant in its function or change its appearance. Because of the multitude of these materials, Wacker cannot make a general statement to the compatibility of materials with the sealant. In case of doubt the user shall conduct appropriate preliminary tests.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is not recommended for use on natural stones, such as marble, granite, quartzite, as it can cause staining.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is not recommended for sealing of aquaria or for longer term use under water.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is not suitable for food grade applications where the joints are likely to come in contact with food.
ELASTOSIL® K760 C is not suitable for use as a mirror adhesive - the time until complete curing may be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity, increasing film thickness or by low volume of air exchange - the use of tooling agents should be avoided if possible. Otherwise, water or a diluted solution of a little neutral soap or alcohol in water should be sparingly applied.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.