ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is a one-component, neutral-curing, low modulus silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion, long shelf life and excellent tooling characteristics for construction, glass and window building, as well as industrial applications.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is produced based on a 100% exchange of the fossil-based raw materials by sustainably certified renewable materials.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N cures at room temperature in the presence of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- 100% silicone
- 100% replacement of fossil-based raw materials by renewable raws
- excellent weatherability
- excellent tooling characteristics for professional use
- non-corrosive to metals
- suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous cement
- matt finish
- excellent adhesion on most substrates without primer
- solvent-free, thus featuring low volume shrinkage during vulcanization
- ready gunnability at low (+ 5 °C) and high (+ 40 °C) temperatures
- flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+150 °C)
- almost odorless
- sealing of connection and expansion joints in the building industry
- sealing of perimeter joints
- sealing of joints between glazing and supporting structures (frames, transoms, mullions)
- Industrial application as sealant in the automotive, aircraft and shipbuilding industries
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material, dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporates with a fresh clean, dry cloth.
It is the responsibility of the user to test the compatibility of the sealant with the adjoining materials. Incompatible substances like coating materials (paints, varnishes and glazes) or organic plasticizer containing rubbers (EPDM, butyl and neoprene) can lead to discoloration or other impairments like loss of adhesion of the sealant. Materials in direct contact with the applied sealant like cleaning agents and materials in indirect contact like gaseous emissions can damage the sealant in its function or change its appearance. Because of the multitude of these materials, Wacker cannot make a general statement to the compatibility of materials with the sealant. In case of doubt the user shall conduct appropriate preliminary tests.
The time until complete curing may be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity, increasing film thickness or by low volume of air exchange.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is certified and classified according to
- EN 15651-1, Class 25LM F-EXT-INT-CC
- EN 15651-2, Class 25LM G-CC
- EN 15651-4, Class 25LM PW-EXT-INT-CC
- ASTM C920, Class 50/50
- EMIDODE EC1 PLUS
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many substrates, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker e.g. aluminium, steel, zinc or copper wood, and many plastics.
Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer. If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
Restrictions on use
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N must not be used for insulating glass applications.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N must not be used for structural glazing bonding.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is not recommended for use on natural stones, such as marble, granite, or quartzite, as it can cause staining.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is not recommended for the construction of aquaria.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is not suitable for food grade applications where the joints are likely to come in contact with food.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is not recommended for application in permanently wet areas where the joint is strongly or permanently exposed to water, e.g. in swimming pools or public sanitary facilities, please contact our technical service.
ELASTOSIL® eco 7750 N is not suitable for use as a mirror adhesive.