SILRES® BS 30 A
- Provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, spalling, freeze/thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance costs.
- Provides excellent stain repellency to reduce chemical degradation and biological growth for improved aesthetics, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance time and expenses.
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability for ease of use.
- Low VOC emissions upon curing.
- Formulated to impart an enhanced appearance on stone and natural tile substrates.
- Formulated to provide either a matte finish or a gloss finish, depending upon application.
- Physically and chemically bonds to substrates increasing coating life and making cleaning easier, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Coatings are UV stable and resistant to biological degradation for longer service life leading to less cost for repetitive applications.
- Coatings are vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering.
Surface preparation depends on substrate placement, type and strength, curing and finishing processes, age, condition, previous contamination, and the presence of existing coatings as well as the application of SILRES® BS 30 A. Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying SILRES® BS 30 A.
Cleaning methods which are compatible with the application of SILRES® BS 30 A include:
- Mechanical: abrasive blasting (sand, baking soda, vacuum).
- Chemical: acid etching, stripping, solvent de-greasing, caustic soda scrubbing, alkaline soap scrubbing, high pressure washing, high pressure washing with sand.
- Heat: propane and acetylene torching.
If strongly acidic or caustic cleaning agents are used, neutralize the surface and completely wash to remove any residues. Before using any surface preparation method, a test patch should be performed with the customer's approval to ensure that their needs are met.
SILRES® BS 30 A should be applied as supplied to achieve the desired application effect. One to two coats of the solution should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance. Two to three coats of the solution should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance with gloss. SILRES® BS 30 A can be applied with a soft, lint-free cloth, sponge, or paint brush. Excess material should be removed to prevent inconsistencies in the enhancement. The product should be fully cured within 24 hours.
A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure the desired appearance is achieved.
Substrates which are coated with SILRES® BS 30 A are generally re-coatable with solvent borne coatings. A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure that desired appearance is achieved.
Thoroughly rinse application equipment with solvent.
SILRES® BS 30 A must be disposed of according to local, state and federal regulations. SILRES® BS 30 A and its dilutions should be treated as dilute solutions of "silicone resins" which are non-RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) or non-hazardous wastes.