VINNAPAS® 4045 E
VINNAPAS® 4045 E is renowned for its high flexibility and excellent adhesion.
- VINNAPAS® 4045 E is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Because of its relatively high ethylene content, this resin is soft and flexible.
- Its glass transition temperature is below the freezing point of water.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 4045 E exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and have better handling properties.
- Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected.
- The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- VINNAPAS® 4045 E contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 4045 E has no effect on rheological properties and is a general-purpose powder in the lower Tg range. It is suitable for formulating highly flexible compounds with very good adhesion to various substrates.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 4045 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 4045 E, refer to the "Application" section. Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
Big Bags or bulk on request.