Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Turkey. Do you still want to change your country?
VINNAPAS® and VINNOL® vinyl acetate-ethylene (VAE) dispersions are used as core-strength binders for water based and flame retardant caulking applications. WACKER’s state-of-the-art application labs are equipped to perform tests confirming compliance with ASTM C834 and ASTM C920 norms.
VINNAPAS® and VINNOL® Based Sealants and Fire Retardant Caulks
In connecting joints as well as in sealing gaps and cracks, VINNAPAS® and VINNOL® VAE co- and terpolymer dispersions offer numerous advantages, including high filler acceptance and excellent adhesion to many substrates. They are ideal in the formulation of sealants and caulking compounds.
- Low-Tg grades are an excellent choice when the use of external plasticizers is not desired.
- Our binders can be used to formulate sealants that meet the requirements of ASTM C834 and C920 norms.
- We also offer products tailored specifically for applications in which intumescence or flame retardation is essential.
- Due to their low odor, they are ideal for interior applications.
The results: reduced odor and an advantageous cost-in-use balance.
WACKER also offers products ideal for flame retardant and intumescent caulks.
- They impede the spread of fire by filling any openings with fire resistant material.
- VAE-based caulks can be used as part of a fire protection system to seal openings and joints in a wall or floor assembly.
- They can be formulated to meet the requirements of ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115 norms.
- High filler acceptance
- Good adhesion to substrates such as concrete, metal, wood and plastics
- Low odor, low formaldehyde, low VOC content, low emissions
- Internally plasticized
- Ease of application and cleaning
- Filling of gaps, cracks and holes in walls, ceilings, floors and duct work
- ASTM C834 and C920 caulks
- Fire retardant and intumescent caulks
- Repair products