Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Singapore. Do you still want to change your country?
Renders & Plasters
Hydrophobicity is a key characteristic for increased weather resistance.
WACKER offers binders and additives for a variety of plasters, including cement-bound, silicone resinbound and ready-to-use dispersion-based plasters. WACKER products improve important characteristics of plasters and renders such as workability, adhesion, flexibility, mechanical resistance, hydrophobicity or weatherability.
In silicone resin plasters and organosilicate plasters, SILRES® BS silicone resin binders and water-repellent additives make valuable building blocks for protecting and preserving buildings. The functional silicone resin network renders the capillaries water-repellent: water forms beads and rolls off, but the pores remain open to diffusion.
- High water repellency
- Water-vapor permeability
- Good weather resistance
- Longlasting esthetic appeal
- Good energy efficiency
By improving the cohesion and flexibility of the hardened mortar, VINNAPAS® provides plasters with an improved impact and crack resistance.
VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powders improve the quality and increase the life expectancy of renders and plasters. They enhance adhesion on a variety of different substrates and reduce the cracking tendency. They improve the workability of the fresh plaster and allow a good water-vapor permeability of the hardened plaster. Specific VINNAPAS® dispersible polymer powder grades are available to increase hydrophobicity and prevent weathering damages.
- Improved adhesion to a variety of different substrates
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Enhanced hydrophobicity (using a VINNAPAS® H class polymer powder)
- Very good weatherability
- Improved impact resistance
- Low cracking tendency
- Indoor walls
VINNAPAS® polymer dispersions improve the characteristics of sythetic resin-bound, ready-to-use renders and plasters.
- Optimum workability
- Optimum application safety
- Hydrophobic properties
- Control of open time
- Reduced dirt-pick up
- Possibility for a wide color range
VINNAPAS® polymer binders improve the adhesion, flexibility and workability of skim coat. The results are increased adhesion of paints as well as weathering resistance and longevity of building facades.
- Enhanced flexibility
- Long lasting hydrophobicity
- Smooth surface for efficient paint coverage
- Durability of facades
- Excellent bonding on different substrates
- Very good bonding of the color
- Interior and exterior applications
- All types of substrates: concrete, lightweight concrete, block work, bricks, AAC blocks, rendered surfaces, cement fiber board, etc.
VINNAPAS® polymer powders help to improve the overall performance of diatom ooze. Specific grades allow the formulation of low-VOC, highly flexible, crack resistant products.
- Extremely low VOC content
- Especially fine particle size
- Improved crack resistance
- Improved wet scraping resistance
- Outstanding bonding strength
- Mineral and non-mineral substrates
VINNAPAS® polymer binders are used in thermal insulation renders to improve the adhesion as well es the overall performance.
Thermal insulation renders are applied 2 - 10 cm thick according to the required insulation performance. The thermal insulation render is topped with a 3 - 5 mm thick reinforcement layer and a 1.5 - 3 mm thick top coat.
- Improved adhesion between the mineral binder and the light-weight components (EPS)
- Increased adhesion to the substrate and the top render
- Better workability
- Higher flexibility
- Optimized tensile adhesive and flexural strength
- On-demand water repellency and thixotropy
For water-based plasters WACKER offers CAVAMAX® / CAVASOL® essential oil complexes, consisting of an essential oil or one of its components encapsulated in a cyclodextrin. Under the action of moisture, the volatile guest is released from its molecular inclusion complex, which can be used for fragrancing the product, or adding additional functional features to the plaster, e.g. preservation of insect repellency.