Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Singapore. Do you still want to change your country?
Example of a plaster and primer beneath. The primer provides an even, smooth and hydrophobic surface.
Primers are essential to ensure long-term stability of layered building systems. WACKER offers two options for formulating primers: VINNAPAS® polymer dispersions provide excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates and act as excellent bonding agents.
SILRES® BS silicone primers protect the substrate against moisture while preserving water vapor permeability.
VINNAPAS® dispersions improve the properties of primers. They enhance adhesion to a variety of substrates, thereby ensuring optimal performance of subsequent layers. They also act as bonding agents thanks to their excellent adhesion and cohesion properties.
For open-pore substrates such as concrete, cement and gypsum plasterboards, grades with small particle size are available. They ensure good penetration into the surface, thus consolidating the substrates and controlling their absorbency. In outdoor applications, hydrophobic VINNAPAS® dispersions ensure high water repellency and good barrier properties.
- Good impregnation due to deep penetration into pores
- Excellent barrier properties
- Low and uniform absorbency
- Good adhesion even on critical substrates
- Bridging of small cracks
- Long open time
- Adhesion-promoting layer
- Barrier layer for migration protection
SILRES® BS Primer Greatly Improves Water Absorption
SILRES® BS silicone primers form a dry, hydrophobic zone beneath the coating, which protects the masonry against moisture penetrating from the outside as well as moisture transfer from the construction material into the coating. At the same time, they preserve the water-vapor permeability of the masonry and the coating and have proved extremely efficient in long-term applications.
The portfolio comprises a wide range of water-based and solvent-based silicone primers for effective masonry protection. It is even possible to formulate self-priming coatings by adding SILRES® BS directly to the paint or plaster.
- A dry, stable substrate
- Better adhesion of the coating
- No transport of harmful salts
- No efflorescence in the coating
- No moisture beneath the coating
- Durable quality and an attractive appearance
- Less frequent renovation required
- SILRES® BS silicone primers can be used for:
- All mineral substrates
- Silicone resin emulsion paints and plasters
- Emulsion paints and plasters
- Concrete coatings
- All coatings that contain wetting agents