Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Saudi Arabia. Do you still want to change your country?
WACKER's in-depth expertise in hydropower dates back to 1914. Now, we are also focusing on innovative concepts for harnessing tidal and wave power. Our high-tech products provide pioneering solutions for industrial designers of wave-power and hydropower generators.
In wave-power generators, ELASTOSIL® Film can be used as an electroactive polymer to harvest energy from the sea. In this application ELASTOSIL® Film serves as a dielectric medium, return spring and carrier for electrodes, ensuring durability over millions of cycles. ELASTOSIL® Film is produced from addition-curing silicone rubber grades, available in thicknesses as low as 20 micrometers. Production takes place under clean-room conditions and yields flawless, homogeneous films of extremely uniform thickness, and all with the positive properties of silicones.
- Durability over millions of cycles
- Constant permittivity
- Good dielectric properties
- High stretch recovery
- Permanent elasticity
- Different thicknesses as low as 20 micrometers
- Outstanding precision of +/-5%
- Flexibility at low temperatures
- High heat resistance
- Selective gas-permeability
ELASTOSIL® RTV are ready-to-use room-temperature curing silicone rubber grades, optimized for the production of hydropower generators.
- Potting of stator slot exits
- Elastic bonding of the coil windings
- Bonding of insulation caps
- Thermally conductive potting of stator coils
- Improved thermal management
- Fire safety
- Protection against moisture and environmental impact
- Electrical insulation
- Corona shielding and protection