Our system has noticed that you are based in , but the current country setting is . Do you still want to change your country?
ESETEC® is the trade name of a unique E. coli-based secretion system developed and patented by WACKER for the production of biopharmaceuticals. It is based on a modified E. coli K12 strain, a series of proprietary, highly expressive plasmids and a genetic toolbox that together enable the controlled secretion of correctly folded recombinant proteins into the fermentation broth.
With its high yields, low cost of goods sold (COGS) and simplified production processes, ESETEC® is a best-in-class manufacturing platform for non-glycosylated biopharmaceuticals including difficult-to-produce proteins.
- Controlled secretion of desired product into the culture broth
- Superior productivity (yields of up to 14 g/L)
- Simple purification due to low levels of process-related impurities, including endotoxins and host cell proteins (100x to 1,000x reduction)
- Shorter development times due to straightforward strain development and faster fermentation times
- COGS up to three times lower than that of mammalian cell systems*
- Proven production record for a broad variety of recombinant proteins, including therapeutic Fabs, scaffolds, single-domain antibodies and complex enzymes
- Approved by the EMA and FDA for clinical supply
*Assuming identical titers and process yields