Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Austria. Do you still want to change your country?
Polymer resins are available as beads, flakes or powders.
WACKER is a leading manufacturer of polymer resins. Its portfolio comprises poly(vinyl acetates) as well as soluble vinyl chloride co- and terpolymers.
VINNAPAS® PVAc homopolymer grades
Thermoplastic PVAc are marketed under the trade names VINNAPAS®. The portfolio comprises
- PVAc homopolymers
- PVAc copolymers of vinyl acetate and crotonic acid
- Copolymers of vinyl acetate and vinyl laurate
All are available with different molecular weights and solution viscosities.
All grades are homogeneous, color-free, odor-free, taste-free and pose no known physiological risk. All VINNAPAS® polymer resin grades (B, C, UW and VL) produce transparent films with excellent adhesion and high gloss.
VINNAPAS® C copolymer grades
- Excellent UV stability and abrasion resistance
- Good aging properties
- Excellent adhesion to many substrates
- Clear films with good gloss
- Solubility in mild, environmentally friendly (HAP-free) solvents
- Resistance to oil and grease
- No known physiological risks
VINNAPAS® VL copolymer grades
- Low-profile additives for composite applications
- Solvent-based adhesives
- Hot-melt adhesives
- Structural adhesives
- Sound-damping sheets
- Powder injection molding (PIM)
VINNOL® functional grades: M types
WACKER’s vinyl chloride copolymers and terpolymers are marketed under the trade name VINNOL®. The monomer building blocks of these polymers are vinyl chloride and vinyl acetate in different compositions. They are available as:
- Nonfunctional grades differing in their molar composition and with a broad range of molecular weights
- Functional grades with carboxyl groups
- Functional grades with hydroxyl groups
All VINNOL® grades are suitable for solvent-borne coating applications and fully compatible with each other. Depending on the grade, they promote excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates.
VINNOL® functional grades: A types
- Very good adhesion to plastics and polymeric films of polar character, metal and absorbent substrates
- High toughness and permanent flexibility
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Outstanding water and chemical resistance
- Inherent flame retardation
- Excellent solubility and ease of processing
VINNOL® non-functional grades
- Heat-sealable coatings for aluminum foil
- Printing inks and pigment preparation
- Industrial coatings