Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is United Arab Emirates. Do you still want to change your country?
WACKER's in-depth expertise in hydropower dates back to 1914. Now, we are also focusing on innovative concepts for harnessing tidal and wave power. Our high-tech products provide pioneering solutions for industrial designers of wave-power and hydropower generators.
In wave-power generators, ELASTOSIL® Film can be used as an electroactive polymer to harvest energy from the sea. In this application ELASTOSIL® Film serves as a dielectric medium, return spring and carrier for electrodes, ensuring durability over millions of cycles. ELASTOSIL® Film is produced from addition-curing silicone rubber grades, available in thicknesses as low as 20 micrometers. Production takes place under clean-room conditions and yields flawless, homogeneous films of extremely uniform thickness, and all with the positive properties of silicones.
- Durability over millions of cycles
- Constant permittivity
- Good dielectric properties
- High stretch recovery
- Permanent elasticity
- Different thicknesses as low as 20 micrometers
- Outstanding precision of +/-5%
- Flexibility at low temperatures
- High heat resistance
- Selective gas-permeability
ELASTOSIL® RTV are ready-to-use room-temperature curing silicone rubber grades, optimized for the production of hydropower generators.
- Potting of stator slot exits
- Elastic bonding of the coil windings
- Bonding of insulation caps
- Thermally conductive potting of stator coils
- Improved thermal management
- Fire safety
- Protection against moisture and environmental impact
- Electrical insulation
- Corona shielding and protection