Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is United Arab Emirates. Do you still want to change your country?
WACKER offers VINNAPAS® polymer dispersions and powders for the formulation of 1K ready-to-use (pasty) systems as well as 1K and 2K cementitious systems.
GENIOSIL® WP alpha-silane-terminated polymers are key to liquid waterproofing membranes.
The portfolio comprises both polymer dispersions and powders; the vinyl acetate-ethylene (VAE) grades comply with the requirements of European ecolabels such as Blue Angel, Emicode EC1 plus, etc.
- Reliable barrier against both negative and positive hydrostatic pressure
- Water vapor permeability
- Bridging of cracks due to shrinkage or settling of substrate
- Accommodation of small movements in the substrate
- Excellent adhesion to many different substrates
- Excellent adhesion after water immersion
- High flexibility
- Increased tensile strength
- Excellent workability and easy application
- Application via brush, trowel, roller or machine spraying
- Excellent compatibility with cement
- Basement walls and foundations
- Underground parking lots
- Showers and bathrooms
- Balconies and terraces
- Multifunctional rooftops (e.g. rooftop terraces and parking decks)
- Swimming pools
- Sewers, canals and water pipes
- Water tanks (including drinking water)
- General concrete infrastructures
GENIOSIL® WP Polymers for Liquid Membranes
GENIOSIL® WP silane-terminated polymers are binders for liquid waterproofing membranes that can be applied under unfavorable conditions, dry very fast and show properties comparable to those of polyurethane-based liquid waterproofing coatings – without the addition of solvents or plasticizers. GENIOSIL® WP polymers are based on WACKERs -technology which means they cure without tin catalysts.
Polymer modified waterproofing membranes can bridge cracks caused by movement of the substrate. Liquid waterproofing membranes based on GENIOSIL® WP can be applied easily, even on wet substrates and dry very quickly.
- 1K system
- Solvent- and isocyanate-free
- Easy to apply with roller or airless spraying equipment
- Processable under humid or cold conditions
- Primerless adhesion to many substrates
- Short drying times with early rain resistance
- No shrinkage
- Flexible from -40 °C to +80 °C
- Good mechanical strength and excellent resistance to chemicals
- Waterproofing for balconies, patios and flat roofs
- Roof detailing, e.g. light domes, air conditioning outlets
- Horizontal under-tile waterproofing
- Moisture barrier under floor screeds
- Horizontal waterproofing against pressurized water