ELASTOSIL® SC 833 A/B
ELASTOSIL® SC 833 A/B is a pourable, addition-curing, two-component silicone rubber, forming a mainly closed cell foam.
It shows excellent flame resistance and is self extinguishing.
- low processing viscosity
- good processability on automated dispensing equipment
- easy control of mixing quality due to different colors of the components
- no ozone damaging blowing agents
- no release of toxic or strong smelling substances during foaming or curing
- low smoke gas toxicity
- low heat of reaction (max. 40 °C)
- high LOI-value
- long-term flexible over a temperature range of -50 °C to +200 °C
- good chemical resistance
ELASTOSIL® SC 833 A/B的特殊性能
- general purpose high and low temperature resistant sealing material
- suitable for sound and heat insulation
- shock and vibration damping at high temperature changes
- especially suitable for applications that need fire redartent properties
ELASTOSIL® SC 833 A/B shows good primerless adhesion to many substrates (metals, glass, ceramics, PA, PBTP). If self-adhesion is not sufficient, surface treatment or a primer may be applied.
For processing we recommend to use automatic mixing and dispensing equipment with dynamic mixer, our technical service will give advice for proper selection.
The quality of the foam is highly influenced by processing parameters (e. g. addition of air, type of mixer) and environmental parameters. As ELASTOSIL® SC 833 A/B is an addition-curing system certain substances can inhibit the foaming and curing process. Our technical service will be glad to help to solve such problems.
We recommend to run preliminary tests to optimize conditions for the particular application.
During foaming and curing hydrogen gas is evolved. Please ensure proper ventilation, if larger amounts of material are processed. Release of hydrogen is almost completed after 24 hours.
The platinum catalyst is contained in component A.
Only components A and B that have the same lot number may be processed together!