ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B
Liquid silicone rubbers of the ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B series are paste-like, easily pigmentable two-component compounds. They are noted for their high transparency, excellent mechancal and electrical properties and their ability to be molded into intricately-shaped, precision parts. This series is used for health care applications, including short-term implants. Very brief molding cycles for intricately-shaped and flash-free parts are possible.
- ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B has been tested according to the recommendations of the US Pharmacopoeia and meets the requirements of Class Vl.
- ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B contains only those ingredients1 which are suitable for food contact.
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Excellent clarity
- Excellent molding qualities
- Excellent pot life after mixing parts A & B
- Medical devices
- Needle-free IV valves
- Drink valves
- Soft-Touch handles and buttons
- Organic rubber replacement
Fabricating Liquid silicone rubbers of the ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B series can be processed using standard liquid rubber injection molding techniques. Vulcanization Liquid silicone rubbers of the ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 US A/B series are vulcanized by mixing part A with part B in a ratio of 1:1 with the application of heat. Mold temperatures are usually in the range of 160 °C (320 °F) to 210 °C (410 °F). Actual mold temperature and cycle times will be dependent upon a number of factors. Cycles times may be as little as 15 seconds for small parts.
ELASTOSIL® LR 3003/70 can be fabricated using standard liquid rubber injection molding techniques. The product is delivered equal parts A/B and designed for a 1:1 (A;B) mix ratio. With proper lmetering equipment, it can be pumped directly through a statixc mixer into the injection molding machine.