ELASTOSIL® R 427/30
ELASTOSIL® R 427/30 is a High Strength Base noted for its exceptional transparency excellent tear strength and excellent mechanical properties. ELASTOSIL® R 427/30 can be used for extruded profiles. ELASTOSIL® R 427/30 vulcanizing characteristics make it possible to achieve short cycle times in the production of molded articles by compression transfer and injection molding. Post-cured vulcanizates can be used for applications in the health care and food handling industries.
ELASTOSIL® R 427/30 contains those ingredients which are suitable for food contact*. *Under Title 21 "Food and Drugs," Part 177.2600, "Rubber articles intended for repeated use." Because this regulation contains limitations, compliance to the regulation is the responsibility of the user.
- Excellent molding qualities
- Excellent tensile strength & tear resistance
- Excellent clarity
Recommended Curing Agent Levels
- 1.5 parts: 2,4-dichlorobenzoyl peroxide (50% active in silicone paste) per 100 parts of ELASTOSIL® R 427/30.
- 0.7 parts: dicumyl peroxide (98% active) per 100 parts of ELASTOSIL® R 427/30.
- 0.6 parts: 2,5-di(t-butylperoxy)-2,5-dimethylhexane (100% active) per 100 parts of ELASTOSIL® R 427/30.