VINNAPAS® 4040 E
VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for waterproofing membranes.
It is based on a flexible copolymer of vinyl acetate and ethylene. VINNAPAS® 4040 E belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® E which means that it provides enhanced properties like improved workability and superior mechanical properties (e.g. crack-bridging or tensile-adhesion strength), particularly in formulations with high polymer content and/or low cement content.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene that is dispersible in water.
- The high ethylene content makes the resin soft and elastic. Its glass transition temperature is below the freezing point of water.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is stabilized with polyvinyl alcohol and a cationic high-molecular-weight polymer.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 4040 E exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and better workability.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is ideal for highly polymer-modified cementitious dry-mix mortar formulations. Tremendous ease of processing, excellent adhesion and high flexibility are obtained (e.g. high capacity to bridge sealing-slurry cracks, and high deformability in tile adhesives).
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E contains a fine mineral filler as an anticaking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a dispersible polymer powder with a Tg in the lower range and no effect on rheological properties. It is eminently suitable for formulating highly flexible, low emission compounds with very good adhesion to mineral and organic substrates.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 4040 E, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 4040 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
如果产品不是用于我们推荐的应用, 则购买者应对该产品的选择、加工和使用负全部责任. 此外还应遵守所有的相关法律法规.
Big Bags or bulk on request.