SILPURAN® 2420 A/B
Addition-curing RTV-2 silicone rubber curing to a silicone elastomer of medium hardness.
- biocompatible, certificates of compatibility with USP Class VI and ISO 10993 available on request
- no by-products from curing process
- low viscosity, easily pourable
- mixing ratio 1 : 1
- fast cure at room temperature which can be accelerated considerably by the application of heat
- translucent vulcanisate with good tear resistance
SILPURAN® 2420 A/B can be used for flexible molding applications in orthopedic technology.
Components A and B of ???000011060??? are mixed homogeneously in a ratio of A : B = 1 : 1 and vulcanise rapidly at temperatures over 100 °C. In a given application the required curing conditions (temperature and time) will also depend on the size and thickness of the specimen.
Detailed instructions for preparation and use are given in the brochure “Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV) Silicones - Material and Processing Guidelines”.
The platinum catalyst is in component A.
Only A and B components with the same batch number may be processed together!
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.