ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B is a thixotropic, addition-curing, two-part silicone rubber, forming a mainly closed cell foam.
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B is perfectly suited for processing with automatic dispensing equipment. It is suitable for CIPG foam gaskets even in 3D geometries due to its outstanding rheology.
- good processability on automated dispensing equipment
- easy control of mixing quality due to different colors of the components
- no ozone damaging blowing agents
- no release of toxic or strong smelling substances during foaming or curing
- low heat of reaction (max. 40 °C)
- low toxicity of thermal decomposition products
- long-term flexible over a temperature range of -50 °C to +180 °C
- good chemical resistance
- fast foaming and cure
- medium foam density
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B的特殊性能
- general purpose foam for gaskets (dispensed foam gaskets)
- especially suitable for 3-dimensional gasket bead
- general purpose high and low temperature resistant sealing material
- suitable for NVH insulation
ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B shows primerless adhesion to many substrates (metals, glass, ceramics, PA, PBTP). If self-adhesion is not sufficient, surface treatment or a primer may be applied.
For processing we recommend to use automatic mixing and dispensing equipment with dynamic mixer, our technical service will give advice for proper selection.
The quality of the foam is highly influenced by processing parameters (e. g. addition of air, type of mixer) and environmental parameters. As ELASTOSIL® SC 870 A/B is an addition-curing system certain substances can inhibit the foaming and curing process. Our technical service will be glad to help to solve such problems.
We recommend to run preliminary tests to optimize conditions for the particular application.
During foaming and curing hydrogen gas is evolved. Please ensure proper ventilation, if larger amounts of material are processed. Release of hydrogen is almost completed after 24 hours.
The platinum catalyst is contained in component A.
Only components A and B that have the same lot number may be processed together!
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.