ELASTOSIL® RT 646 A/B
ELASTOSIL® RT 646 A/B is a castable, addition-curing, two-component silicone rubber which vulcanizes at room temperature.
Main applications: Moldmaking, encapsulation of electronic components, all-round potting compound.
- High hardness and good mechanical properties
- Good chemical resistance
- Good resistance to casting resins
- Excellent reversion resistance
- Fast and non-shrink vulcanization at room temperature
- Vulcanization can be accelerated considerably by heat
- Encapsulation of electronic components
- All-round potting compound
- Mold making
The platinum catalyst is in component A.
Only components A and B with the same lot number may be processed together!
To ensure homogeneity of the material, the components must be stirred thoroughly before they are removed or processed in their containers, in order to uniformly disperse any filler that might have settled during storage.
Please check also our brochures and info sheets.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.