GENIOPERL® P15 spherical silicone beads are characterized by a narrow particle size distribution having a mean particle diameter of approximately 4.5 microns. Because of their uniform particle size, high thermal stability and low surface energy they are excellent candidates to be used as additives in cast film extrusion processes where slip and antiblock properties are required.
GENIOPERL® P15 enhances antiblocking and slip for polyolefin and polyester films such as BOPP or BOPET due to its spherical geometry and its narrow particle size distribution.
1. GENIOPERL® P15 can be compounded with thermoplastics using typical polymer processing equipment (e.g. extruders) without degradation because of the high heat resistance.
2. GENIOPERL® P15 enables stable, low coefficient of friction (CoF) surfaces.
3. GENIOPERL® P15 enables the manufacturing of highly transparent films.
4. GENIOPERL® P15 does not alter the printability of films containing the product.
5. GENIOPERL® P15 does not migrate.
- Silicone beads for BOPP Film Applications
- Silicone beads for BOPET Film Applications
- Silicone beads for BOPE Film Applications
Low coefficient of friction surfaces can be obtained with typical use levels of GENIOPERL® P15 between 0.05 and 0.2 %. GENIOPERL® P15 provides also good hot-slip properties and therefore enables easy and fast processing in typical extrusion processes. The antiblocking properties of GENIOPERL® P15 might prevent adhesion during film production and facilitate storage of film products containing GENIOPERL® P15.
The small differences between the respective refractive indices of GENIOPERL® P15 and the polyolefin matrix combined with low addition levels yield films of high transparency and with high gloss.
25 kg drum
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.