WACKER SilGel® 613
WACKER SilGel® 613 is a pourable, addition-curing, RTV-2 silicone rubber that vulcanizes at room temperature to a very soft silicone gel.
- two-part, 10 : 1 mixing ratio
- very low viscosity
- rapid curing at room temperature with ELASTOSIL® CAT PT-F
- very low hardness (silicone gel)
- inherent tack
- excellent mechanical damping properties
- rapid UV curing at room temperature in combination with long potlife (with ELASTOSIL® CAT UV)
- encapsulation of electronic components for the automotive and power electronics industries
- production of damping elements
Surface preparation All surfaces must be clean and free of contaminants that will inhibit the cure of WACKER SilGel® 613. Examples of inhibiting contaminants are sulfur containing materials, plasticizers, urethanes, amine containing materials and organometallic compounds – especially organotin compounds. If a substrate’s ability to inhibit cure is unknown, a small scale test should be run to determine compatibility.
WACKER SilGel® 613 and ELASTOSIL® CAT PT (-F, -UV) should be thoroughly mixed at a 10 : 1 ratio by weight or volume.
Curing time of addition-curing silicone rubber is highly dependent on temperature, size and heat sink properties of the component being potted. Curing speed of the combination WACKER SilGel® 613 and ELASTOSIL® CAT UV (10:1) is highly dependent on UV-activation (UV/intensity and dose).
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.