WACKER® FC 130
WACKER® FC 130 is a nonionic macro emulsion of a self dispersing polyether-amino-functional silicone fluid, especially for fabric softeners.
WACKER® FC 130 is combined with conventional fabric softeners and improves the properties of the fabric softeners.
WACKER® FC 130 is easy to mix with fabric softeners. Due to the selected functionality of WACKER® FC 130 the hydrophilicity of the fabrics are improved significantly, by which the water absorbency is increased.
WACKER® FC 130 improves the softening efficacy of fabric softeners and the fabrics get a significant softer and pleasant touch.
Preferably WACKER® FC 130 is mixed into the fabric softener at the end of the formulation process by gently stirring.
Example for a fabric softener with WACKER® FC 130:
- 20,0 parts esterquat, e.g. Stepantex VK 90 (50°C) are poured slowly into
- 77,6 parts demineralized water (50°C) while stirring until the mixture is homogenous.
- 0,4 parts CaCl2 solution (25%) are added
- q.s. perfume, dye, preservative are added
- 2 parts WACKER® FC 130 stirring at elevated temperature until the formulation is homogenous.
Dosage recommendation: Approx. 1 - 3 % WACKER® FC 130 in the fabric softener formulation
The dosage of WACKER® FC 130 in the fabric softener depends on the expected effects.
The level of organic softener can be reduced in favor of WACKER® FC 130.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.